- I went out with a group of friends this past weekend, and one of the guys who went with us went to playfully push his girlfriend’s face away but ended up smashing her in the face really hard. I could seriously hear the sound when it happened, even over all the noise in the bar. Ironically, the bar we were at was playing a UFC fight on all the TVs. I wasn’t sure how to react to it and I’m hoping my face didn’t reflect what I was thinking, which was:
- I had a heart to heart with a friend…in a bar. I can honestly say that I never thought I’d be one of those people who would cry in a bar. Unfortunately, that can now be checked off of my list. “A list of what,” you might ask. To which the answer is, a list of things I never wanted to “accomplish.” To clarify, I think it’s important to note that at least I wasn’t the drunk girl crying in the bathroom.
- I saw something on Pinterest and sent it to my friend, because I thought she would like the idea for her wedding. I had to take a moment and ask myself, “who am I turning into?”
- My friend jokingly refers to himself as “daddy” or “big pappi.” It only really gets awkward when he offers to help me with something by saying, “let daddy help.”
- My manager had never heard the word “wonky” before. I mean, legitimately argued that it wasn’t a word and made us look up the definition to prove it.
- I was getting my food from the lady at the window, and I was expecting the usual have-a-good-day-you-too interaction when I went to leave. Instead, she said, “thanks for coming.” Unfortunately, I still said, “you too.”