This week was a little uneventful because I haven’t gone to class, which is where all the idiots are and that’s where most of my amusing thoughts come from.
- I am amazed at my ability to lose my phone in my bed. I don’t even have a sheet, just a comforter, and yet it takes me a minute of searching to find it. I think my bed is challenging me.
- Spring Break might just be the worst thing ever. Sure, it’s nice to have a week off from school, but when it comes time for me to actually start going to class again…I really don’t want to do it. I lose what little motivation I had to begin with.
- I hate that my body knows when my alarm is going to go off and wakes up a minute before it actually does. Dear body, when it comes to sleep, every minute counts ya asshole.
- I feel like I’ve talked about this multiple times, but I’m going to say it again! Someone chewing ice is probably one of the most annoying noises in the world. Why would anyone think that chewing ice in class is a good idea? Why don’t they just bang on a drum set? It’s about as loud…I know, I know, I’m being dramatic but I don’t care. Also, if you’re reading this and you’re the person who chews ice in class, stop it! You aren’t pregnant you can have something other than ice chips, so just drink some water.
- I started coaching youth soccer this week and I’ve got this evil little kid who likes so pick fights with the other kids. You want to take a guess at what color his hair is? Yeah, red hair. You know what they say about the gingers; no soul. Seriously, the kid said he wanted to murder the other players. I feel like I should be worried.
I’ve decided to do a post of some of the random thoughts I have throughout the day, because I have quite a few that I would like to share but I don’t like overloading my Facebook or Twitter. So here we go…
- If I have to look behind me to make sure you didn’t just run over a cat when you stopped, you should probably get your brakes checked.
In light of the recent Kony 2012 explosion on the internet, I thought I would share my experience, thoughts, what have you, on the subject.
I’ve got to be honest and tell you that I very seriously considered not watching the video at first; I didn’t know what it was about, but all the post said was that it was important and needed to be watched. Maybe it’s because I’m cynical, heartless, desensitized, or all of the above, but I usually don’t bother with stuff like that. Alas, I ended up watching it and crying for almost the entire 30 minutes. It was an extremely moving documentary and my crying probably had to do with the knowledge of what is happening to those people and the realization that I am a complete asshole. Continue reading
When Obama was elected in 2008 I thought the world was coming to an end. I hated the idea of a Democrat being in office, even though I had no idea what his platform was or any of his beliefs. I was just convinced that, as a Republican, McCain was the better option (though I didn’t know what his plans were either). Basically I was super uneducated for the whole election. As the years have gone by I’ve become much more liberal in my political beliefs. Though I am still wouldn’t consider myself an “Obama supporter”, and I’m still fiscally conservative, I am much more liberal when it comes to social issues. But we aren’t here to talk about my beliefs. We are here to discuss why this election year, you should not vote for anyone from the Republican party. Many people who support Romney or Santorum accuse Obama of not getting anything done during his presidency, which is incredibly untrue. He may have backed out on some of his promises, but here are just a few things he’s done right so far (from whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com): Continue reading